Closing a Project
Do I need to renew my protocol if I have finished data collection?
Whether or not you should close your protocol depends on the state of your data.
In order to close a protocol, all of the following conditions must be met:
- The research never started and will not be conducted
- All subject recruitment and enrollment is complete;
- All subjects records, data, and/or specimens have been obtained;
- There will be no further interaction or interventions with the subjects;
- Analysis of identifiable private information (e.g., data, records, specimens, video/audio recordings) is complete; AND
- Data analysis (if applicable) is limited to anonymous data or data stripped of any identifying information (including codes linking subjects to data).
If you would like to close your protocol, click here for instructions.