Sponsored Projects Team Assignments
Most departments and research units that submit grants are assigned a Sponsored Projects team consisting of an officer and an analyst. These teams work with the department or unit's contract and grant liaison to submit proposals and manage awards.
Not all academic departments have the staff to submit proposals and will instead submit through an affiliated research unit. Principal Investigators may have a choice whether to submit a proposal through their home department or through affiliated research units. If you are uncertain, you should discuss the options with your department chair.
Sponsored Projects Officers
- Responsible for reviewing and endorsing all non-Research Terms and Conditions proposals
- Responsible for negotiating and executing all contracts and non-Research Terms and Conditions grants (including incoming subawards)
- Oversee award administration
Sponsored Projects Analysts
- Ensure timely receipt, analysis, review, processing and submission of proposals for extramurally funded projects
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting grant proposals to Research Terms and Conditions sponsors
- Responsible for executing all grants issued under the Research Terms and Conditions (RTC) and post-award transactions
- Initial review of all non-RTC awards
- Primary contact for proposal and award status