The FDP Expanded Clearinghouse is a system that publishes online organizational profiles for use instead of using/asking for a subrecipient commitment form. Pass-Through Entities (PTE) utilize this publicly-available information when issuing subawards and/or monitoring subrecipient organizations.
UCSB is part of this nationwide program to streamline the exchange of institutional information collected from potential subrecipient institutions. As a result of UCSB’s participation in this program, the documentation required of potential subrecipient institutions included in UCSB proposals (Outgoing Subawards) and of UCSB when acting as a subrecipient on another institution’s proposal (Incoming Subawards), have changed as described below.
Documentation Requirements for Subrecipients Included in UCSB Proposals (Outgoing Subawards)
As of March 1, 2021, institutions participating in this program are no longer required to complete the Subrecipient Commitment Form (UCSB/OR SK Form 100) when proposing to participate in a UCSB project as a subrecipient. Instead, participating institutions need only to provide project specific data (Subrecipient PI name, project period, total amount requested, cost share amount, authorized signature, compliances, etc.) via the Subrecipient Commitment Form - Short Form (UCSB/OR SK Form 100). A list of participating program organizations can be found at the FDP Expanded Clearinghouse Program website.
Potential subrecipient institutions who are not part of the program are still required to complete the Subrecipient Commitment Form (UCSB/OR SK Form 100).
Documentation Requirements when UCSB is a Subrecipient (Incoming Subawards)
When participating as a subrecipient on a proposal submitted by a fellow participating institution, the documentation expectations are reciprocal. Those preparing UCSB’s subrecipient proposal should expect to provide the PTE the same level of documentation we would expect if the roles were reversed. Please note that institutions who are not part of the program may require additional institutional information and documentation from UCSB.
Please contact your SPO team should you have any questions.
Documents required by SPO for review prior to endorsement of a proposal containing a Multi-Campus Agreement (MCA) or Subaward. Required for new, renewal, and supplemental proposals.
Subrecipient to provide:
Multi-Campus Award (MCA) with sister UC campus
- Multi-Campus (MCA) Commitment Form
- Subrecipient's Statement of Work (SOW)
- Subrecipient Commitment Form (UCSB/OR SK Form 100) - for Subrecipient NOT part of the FDP Clearinghouse - Updated 2/2021
- Subrecipient Commitment Form - Short Form - for Subrecipients part of the FDP Clearinghouse - NEW
- Subrecipient's Statement of Work (SOW)
- Negotiated Indirect Rate Agreement (for subs not part of the FDP Clearinghouse)
- Fringe Benefit Rate Agreement (for subs not part of the FDP Clearinghouse)
- Financial Management Systems Questionnaire (for-profit/foreign or other subrecipient not subject to A-133/UG Audit)
- Certification of Compliance with A-133 and the Uniform Guidance(educational/non-profit subrecipient) - Updated
- Form E: Vendor Information Form located at http://www.bfs.ucsb.edu/purchasing/forms (for-profit entity)
UCSB PI to provide:
- Fair & Reasonable Cost Analysis
- If prime is a grant/cooperative agreement: Subawards under Grants (UCSB/OR SK Form 800 Part A-1)
- If prime is a contract: Subawards under Contracts (UCSB/OR SK Form 800 Part A-2)
- Sole Source Justification (UCSB/OR SK Form 200) (if prime award is a contract or if subaward was not listed in original proposal)
- Subrecipient vs. Contractor Determination Sheet
- Request to Issue a New or Modification of Subaward (UCSB/OR SK Form 800 Part B) - Please submit this form when the PI is ready to issue a new or modification via email to email@example.com
- Copies of subrecipient compliance documents: Human Subjects, Animal Subjects, StemCell, etc.
- Subaward Invoice Certification to be completed with every invoice and kept in the departments files - New