February 28, 2020
Please be aware that the NSF has made revisions to the following documents which take effect Thursday, March 1, 2018:
- NSF Agency Specific Requirements to the Research Terms and Conditions (ASR);
- Cooperative Agreement Financial & Administrative Terms and Conditions (CA-FATC);
- Grant General Conditions (GC-1); and
- Administration of NSF Conference or Group Travel Grant Special Conditions (FL 26).
NSF's award conditions, including the revised documents as well as a corresponding Summary of Signification Changes document for each can be viewed here.
Important changes to note include:
- The NSF General Award Conditions (GC-1) no longer applies to NSF grants - only the Research Terms and Conditions, Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide, and NSF Agency Specific Requirements apply.
- We are now required to use Research.gov to submit all Prior Approval requests. Additionally, an "Other Request" option has been added to the selection of requests in Research.gov's "Notifications & Requests" module. This option should be selected if the prior approval we are seeking does not fit into any listed request category. Please remember to consult the RTC's Prior Approval Matrix for project changes which require NSF prior approval.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact your Sponsored Projects team.