Essential Information: Training, Forms, & Links
Disclosure Forms & Requirements
- ORCOI: Online disclosure forms for Federal and State Disclosures (https://ucsb.coi-smart.com)
- Design, Conduct, and Reporting (DCR) Personnel Form
- Design, Conduct, and Reprting (DCR) Subrecipient Personnel Form
- UC Patent Amendment Form
- NIH Summary of Major Changes to the 1995 Regulations
- 600-U Investigator's Statement of Financial Interest Related to Human Subjects Research
- Graduate Student Conflict of Interest Form
This Conflict of Interest (COI) form must be completed, signed and submitted with the Masters Form I, Doctoral Degree Form I, or at any time the agreements or arrangements set forth below arise.
Required COI Training
All research employees of the University of California are required to take conflict of interest (COI) training once every four years. Each researcher will receive email notification from the HR department, which includes a unique link to the Compliance and Conflict of Interest Briefing for Researchers (COIR). This briefing satisfies the COI training requirement imposed by the Public Health Services (PHS). If you did not receive an email with a link to the training, 1) login to the LMS system and search COIR, or 2) contact LMS to request your unique link, or 3) contact the COI Coordinator at COI@research.ucsb.edu
Principal Investigators with PHS funding are required to identify any person identified as Senior or Key personnel, and others who direct or can materially influence the research, or who are responsible for the design, conduct, and reporting of such research. The PI should identify these investigators on the DCR Personnel Form and ensure that they have received COI training.
*In the event that an investigator is not on the UCSB payroll and not automatically enrolled in the COI training, please contact Brian McCurdy for further instructions.
Subrecipient personnel, meeting the definition of investigator, whose Institution does not have its own PHS compliant COI policy, are required to take the training module provided by NIH. Training must be completed before engaging in any research related to PHS funded awards and once every four years. Once the training has been completed send a copy of the training certificate of completion along with the Subrecipient Commitment Form to your designated departmental point of contact at UCSB.
- ORCOI Presentation - UCSB Electronic Disclosure System
- ORCOI Disclosure Guidance for Federally-funded Researchers
- ORCOI Disclosure Guidance for Non-Federally funded Researchers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- ORCOI - Users Guide
- ORCOI - Disclosure Guidance
The links below provide useful information regarding conflict of interest in research and related information.
Research Conflict of Interest Administrator
For general questions related to COI, contact: COI@research.ucsb.edu
University of California, Santa Barbara
552 University Rd
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-2050
For Fed Ex or UPS, use the following zip code: 93106